After twenty odd years of promoting and marketing video games, Stephen decided that enough was enough.
He was going to do something different.
But he really couldn't stop himself, he couldn't stop loving the passion, the creativity, the imagination of the game makers. So, instead he thought about taking all of his experience and his ability to solve marketing problems, and using it to help those game makers to succeed.
He thought he’d become a consultant, but worried that sometimes ‘consultants’ were never all they were cracked up to be. That's why he decided he would be a very different kind of consultant. One who could make a real difference and deliver value to companies up and down the kingdom.
Marketing strategy for every reality
What can Stephen Hey do for me then? Well, with all that experience and knowledge he can make a real contribution to your company, no matter what size or shape it is, solve complex marketing issues, and ‘plug and play’ straight away with no update necessary.
Marketing Strategy, is his forte, there is nothing he likes more than to devise fresh marketing strategies that can make a real difference to products or other marketing issues. His knowledge of marketing channels, consumer insight and engagement combined with 20+ years of seeing what works, and what doesn’t, gives him a unique perspective. And he isn’t afraid to get his hands dirty and get stuck in with tactics, ensuring that even the smallest detail in any plan is on brand, and on message, to deliver the most powerful campaigns for you.
From concept to launch & beyond
What other services does Stephen offer? Here’s a more complete list but be warned, the list below contains traces of marketing speak, for that we apologise, but Stephen generally speaks English most of the time.
Marketing and Brand Management
- Devising marketing and brand strategy
- Creating realistic and comprehensive marketing plans
- Earned and paid user acquisition campaigns
- Live service marketing operations and planning
- Branding – name generation and testing, development of brand guidelines and materials
- Metadata – briefing, testing and optimising metatdata to create effective marketing materials
- Creative briefing – working with creative teams and agencies to deliver video or static assets
- Market Research – from desk based research to commissioning bespoke reports
- Pitching - preparing and presenting powerful pitches to platform holders and other key third parties
- Briefing and working with creatives, media agencies or other vendors to get the best possible results
- Social media, influencer and community management
Corporate & commercial
- Corporate Identity – strategy and execution
- Relationship building, partnership creation, and pitch building
- Content discovery and curation
- Creation, structuring and mentoring of marketing teams
- Creating product marketing ‘visions’ setting out market requirements and direction for games in development
- Creating ‘best practice’ for B2C or B2B marketing strategies
- Consumer profiling – describing a tangible target market for your product
- Determining marketing, PR and social angles during the development process
- Devising narrative structure for titles to drive marketing, pre and post launch
- In-game messaging and merchandising – best practice for maximum effectiveness
- Culturalisation of content and presentation assets for western audiences
WORKSHOPS & EDUCATION
- Workshops in marketing strategy & execution
- One to one, or single company mentoring
- Guest lectures, in person or remote
Playing the game since 1993
Are you ready to talk?
It’s good to talk but it's also good to listen and that’s the first thing Stephen does. Plus you get to meet him, and size him up. At the same time he’ll work out what the issues are, what he can add, and what value he can deliver. Then he’ll send a short proposal that should fit your agenda and resources, this is a new relationship after all, best to take it one step at a time. Stephen knows that developers and publishers come in all different shapes and sizes and is flexible enough to cover this, as long as he gets to work with creative brilliance, that’s what matters to him most.
So get in touch using the form below or just email at firstname.lastname@example.org.